Board of Directors
July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
- President: Robin Kitson
- President Elect: Alan Hoal
- Secretary/Historian: Catherine MacKenzie
- Treasurer: Paul Stutts
- Ex-Officio: Alan Hoal
- Finance Chair: Jim Payne
- Journal Editor/ Membership: Sylvia Payne
- Coastal Representative: Joan Leotta
- Mountains Representatives: Nancy Reeder
- Piedmont Triad Representative: Alice Cunningham
- Piedmont Triangle Representative: Henry Vogel
- Southern Piedmont Representative: Deborah Winkler
To communicate the power, joy, and impact of story to every community in North Carolina.
To create and nurture a thriving community of storytellers through performance and education.
- To affirm the value of storytelling by fostering an appreciation of oral traditions and the importance of story listening.
- To educate people, both tellers and listeners, in North Carolina about storytelling.
- To promote excellence in oral tradition by developing emerging and established artists.
- To seek out the needs of North Carolina storytellers and respond by creating opportunities.
We have committees for anyone who wants to be involved in the ‘inner life’ of the Guild. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to membership within one of our outstanding committees!
- NC Storytelling Festival Committee – coordinate tellers and logistics for festivals – prepare schedules.
- Fund Raising Committee – coordinate fund raising events during the year in partnership with the Guild Board of Directors.