Board of Directors
July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
- President: Robin Kitson
- President Elect: Alan Hoal
- Secretary/Historian: Catherine MacKenzie
- Treasurer: Paul Stutts
- Ex-Officio: Alan Hoal
- Finance Chair: Jim Payne
- Journal Editor/ Membership: Sylvia Payne
- Coastal Representative: Joan Leotta
- Mountains Representatives: Nancy Reeder
- Piedmont Triad Representative: Alice Cunningham
- Piedmont Triangle Representative: Henry Vogel
- Southern Piedmont Representative: Deborah Winkler
To communicate the power, joy, and impact of story to every community in North Carolina.
To create and nurture a thriving community of storytellers through performance and education.
- To affirm the value of storytelling by fostering an appreciation of oral traditions and the importance of story listening.
- To educate people, both tellers and listeners, in North Carolina about storytelling.
- To promote excellence in oral tradition by developing emerging and established artists.
- To seek out the needs of North Carolina storytellers and respond by creating opportunities.